Student Visa is issued for undertaking educational studies in recognized educational institutions in India. The duration of the visa would be as per the duration of the course to be pursued. A maximum of three entries per academic year would be allowed to facilitate visits to home country during vacation.
A provisional visa may be issued in cases where the applicant does not have a firm letter of admission from the university, recognized college or educational institution. A copy of the provisional admission certificate/letter of offer issued by the institution in India must be furnished. A provisional visa is valid for 6 months which shall be extendable by the jurisdictional State Government/UT Administration/FRRO/FRO upto six months on production of satisfactory documentary evidence. In case, the Students gets regular admission in some University/recognized college or educational institution within the validity of the provisional visa, the State Government/UT Administration/FRRO/FRO may be approached to obtain ‘Student Visa’.
1. Duly completed, printed and signed on-line visa application form
2. Two recent colour passport size (about 35 mm x 35 mm) photographs, showing full frontal view of face against a while background to be pasted on the application form.
3. Current valid passport with minimum of 190 days validity and must have minimum 2 blank pages.
4. A letter from a recognized educational institution in India confirming admission of the applicant and duration of the course.
5. Evidence of financial arrangements made for maintenance in India
6. If admission is not confirmed, provisional admission letter may also be produced.
Please note this application may take longer processing time